All the questions about Anna Hazare are answered here.
1. Who is Anna Hazare?
An ex-army man (Unmarried). Fought 1965 Indo-Pak War
2. What’s so special about him?
He built a village Ralegaon Siddhi in Ahmednagar district, Maharashtra
3. This village is a self-sustained model village. Energy is produced i! n the village itself from solar power, biofuel and wind mills. In 1975, it used to be a poverty clad village. Now it is one of the richest village in India. It has become a model for self-sustained, eco-friendly & harmonic village.
4. This guy, Anna Hazare was awarded Padma Bhushan and is a known figure for his social activities.
5. He is supporting a cause, the amendment of a law to curb corruption in India.
6. How that can be possible?
He is advocating for a Bill, The Lok Pal Bill (The Citizen Ombudsman Bill), that will form an autonomous authority who will make politicians (ministers), bureaucrats (IAS/IPS) accountable for their deeds.
7. It’s an entirely new thing right..?
In 1972, the bill was proposed by then Law minister Mr. Shanti Bhushan. Since then it has been neglected by the politicians and some are trying to change the bill to suit their theft (corruption).
8. Oh.. He is going on a hunger strike for that whole thing of passing a Bill! How can that be possible in such a short span of time?
The first thing he is asking for is: the govt should come forward and announce that the bill is going to be passed.
Next, they make a joint committee to DRAFT the LOK PAL BILL. 50% government participation and 50% public participation. Because u can’t trust the government entirely for making such a bill which does not suit them.
9.What will happen when this bill is passed?
A LokPal will be appointed at the centre. He will have an autonomous charge, say like the Election Commission of India. In each and every state, Lokayukta will be appointed. The job is to bring all alleged party to trial in case of corruptions within 1 year. Within 2 years, the guilty will be punished.